We will not pay any protection benefit under this policy if the claim arises:
- from suicide, attempted suicide, an intentional self-inflicted act or death due to a pre-existing condition; and
- within one year from the start of your policy cover, or the date we last reinstate (restart) your policy, or the date you change the person insured under your policy.
This applies regardless of the mental state of the person insured.
Pre-existing condition refers to a medical condition that is present before the start of your policy cover, or the date we last reinstate (restart) your policy, or the date you change the person insured under your policy, and has one or more of the following characteristics:
- presented signs or symptoms which you (or the person insured) were aware of or should reasonably have been aware of;
- treatment was recommended or received from a medical practitioner for the medical condition; or
- you (or the person insured) have undergone or were recommended to undergo medical tests or investigations.
We will also not pay any protection benefit under your policy if the claim arises because you or the person insured deliberately participated in an unlawful act or failed to act in accordance with the law.
If any of the above scenarios happens, we will cancel the policy. We will pay the higher of the surrender value or policy value less booster bonus (including any promotion bonus). Any charges and fees owed to us will be deducted before any payment will be made.