FWD Travel insurance covers you for overseas medical expenses, theft of or damage to your personal belongings, baggage or travel delay and more, while FWD COVID-19 Enhanced Travel Benefits is an add-on and can be purchased along with our FWD Travel insurance (Single/Annual Trip, up to 90 days) to provide comprehensive COVID-19 coverage before and/or during your trip.
FWD Travel insurance, our main travel insurance product, does not cover claims related to COVID-19. If you require cover for COVID-19, please purchase the COVID-19 Enhanced Travel Benefits add-on.
FWD’s COVID-19 Enhanced Travel Benefits covers:
Up to S$5,000 per person for:
- Trip cancellation and loss of deposit: If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or are identified as a close contact by the Singapore Ministry of Health and must cancel your entire trip, which first departs from Singapore.
- Trip disruption: If while you are on your trip, you are diagnosed with COVID-19 and your trip gets disrupted.
Up to S$1,400 for:
- Overseas hospital cash benefit: Receive a cash payout if you are hospitalised due to contracting COVID-19 while overseas (capped at S$100 per day for up to 14 consecutive days).
- Hospital cash benefit in Singapore: Receive a cash payout if you are hospitalised upon your return in Singapore due to contracting COVID-19 during your trip (capped at S$100 per day for up to 14 consecutive days).
Up to S$700 for:
- Overseas quarantine allowance: Receive a cash payout if you are required to quarantine in a hotel, in a community care facility, or any other quarantine facilities as designated by the foreign government authorities due to contracting COVID-19 while overseas (capped at S$50 per day for up to 14 consecutive days).
Up to S$200,000 per person for:
- Medical expenses: Medical treatment costs incurred in Singapore and/or overseas due to contracting COVID-19.
- Emergency medical evacuation & repatriation: Due to life-threatening condition caused by COVID-19.
As COVID-19 is considered a known event, FWD Travel insurance covers other travel-related claims excluding any event related to the COVID-19 situation. Since one’s health or trip may be affected by the COVID-19 situation regardless of the destination, our COVID-19 Enhanced Travel Benefits add-on complements the cover by offering the above mentioned benefits - subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
More information on FWD COVID-19 Enhanced Travel Benefits can be found in our policy wording.