You may purchase add-on coverage against total and permanent disability through FWD’s Term Life Plus insurance.
Total and Permanent Disability or TPD refers to the occurrence of one or both of the following before your 65th birthday as a result of accident or sickness:
- Disability to such an extent causes you to be unable to engage in any occupation, business or activity for income, remuneration or proﬁt. The disability must continue uninterrupted for at least six consecutive months from the time when the disability starts. The disability must, in the view of a medical specialist approved by FWD, be deemed permanent with no possibility of improvement in the foreseeable future; or
- Suﬀer total and irrecoverable loss of use of:
- The entire sight in both eyes;
- Any two limbs at or above the wrist or ankle; or
- The entire sight in one eye and any one limb at or above the wrist or ankle.