If your policy (including any add-on rider plans) ends because of non-payment of policy premiums, you can reinstate it within the period stated in your policy contract. You cannot reinstate your policy for any other reason (for example, if you had ended the policy cover). Please refer to your policy contact for more information on whether your policy can be reinstated.
We may refuse your reinstatement application or adjust the terms of the policy. If we approve your application, this policy will be reinstated on the date we confirm in writing (the “reinstatement date”). If this policy is reinstated, we will only cover events that occur after the reinstatement date.
To request for reinstatement:
- Please contact us within the permitted period from the date of policy termination.
- Complete the service request form and send it back to us. Please select the reinstatement service option.
- Complete the payment for all premiums and interests due (at rates determined by FWD Singapore) and applicable administrative fees, if any.
- Confirm that the health of the person to be insured still qualifies for cover (by answering the questions in the service request form).
What we will do:
- We will review your request, and if we ascertain that you have met the requirements, we will reinstate (restart) your policy on the same or adjusted terms.
- Reinstatement applications that do not met the requirements will be rejected.
- If your reinstatement application is approved, we will inform you of your reinstatement date and you will be covered from that date onwards.